20 Quotes on Sustainable Energy Emphasizing the Need for Green and Clean Options
The Executive Headlines
Due to the impacts of climate change increasing at an alarming rate, sustainability has become a necessary action. With that being said, the internet is flooded with quotes on sustainable energy that emphasize the need for using cleaner and greener energy in the present scenario.
Adopting sustainable energy practices can help us get a step closer to building a renewable future. In this way, we can solve major energy crises such as oil shortages, fuel depletion, and many more, and save the planet from future crises for future generations. In this blog, we have compiled a list of top quotes on sustainable energy that will motivate you to switch to cleaner and greener practices.
Quotes on Sustainable Energy
- “Once you got a solar panel on a roof, energy is free. Once we convert our entire electricity grid to green and renewable energy, cost of living goes down.” —Elizabeth May
- “A strong renewable energy industry is good for our environment and our economy.” —Roy Cooper
- “There is an urgent need to stop subsidizing the fossil fuel industry, dramatically reduce wasted energy, and significantly shift our power supplies from oil, coal, and natural gas to wind, solar, geothermal, and other renewable energy sources.” —Bill McKibben
- “To truly transform our economy, protect our security, and save our planet from the ravages of climate change, we need to ultimately make clean, renewable energy the profitable kind of energy.” —Barack Obama
- “The use of solar energy has not been opened up because the oil industry does not own the sun.” — Ralph Nader
- “Clearly, we need more incentives to quickly increase the use of wind and solar power; they will cut costs, increase our energy independence and our national security and reduce the consequences of global warming.” —Hillary Rodham Clinton
- “There can be no sustainable development without sustainable energy development.” — Margot Wallstrom
- “Energy is essential for development, and sustainable energy is essential for sustainable development.” — Tim Wirth
- “It is time for a sustainable energy policy which puts consumers, the environment, human health, and peace first.” — Dennis Kucinich
- “Sustainable energy + food security + healthy environment = full employment + better future.” — Phil Harding
Quotes on Sustainable Energy: Renewable Energy
The increasing dependency and consumption of non-renewable energies have resulted in global energy crises. In such a scenario where numerous countries are undergoing shortages in power and energy production as well as consumption, switching to renewable sources of energy can seem like a wiser option. In fact, several renowned leaders worldwide are preaching how a transition to renewable sources of energy can also help reduce the impacts of global warming as well as global pollution. Below are some quotes and snippets by some popular public figures on the necessity of switching to renewable sources of energy.
- “Everything we make pollutes. The most responsible thing we can do is to make each product as well as we know how so it lasts as long as possible.” – Yvon Chouinard, Founder, Patagonia
- “Our oil-based society depends on non-renewable resources. It requires relentless probing into vast reaches of pristine land, sacrificing vital bioregions, and irreplaceable cultures…We must all move shoulder to shoulder in a unified front to show this administration that the true majority of people are willing to vote for a cleaner environment and won’t back down.” – Leo Dicaprio, Founder, The Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation
- “We know we’ll run out of dead dinosaurs to mine for fuel and have to use sustainable energy eventually, so why not go renewable now and avoid increasing risk of climate catastrophe? Betting that science is wrong and oil companies are right is the dumbest experiment in history by far.” – Elon Musk, Founder, Tesla
- “We believe that the green energy industry has the potential to lift historically disenfranchised communities out of poverty, across the country, at massive historical scale.” – Donnel Baird, Founder, BlocPower
- “Let us all say together: We want to build a green economy strong enough to lift people out of poverty and into great careers for America’s children. We want this ‘green wave’ to lift all boats. This country can save the polar bears and poor kids too.” – Van Jones, Founder, Dream Corps
- “We’ve got to decide that we want to live in a world that is sane and happy and healthy, and that everyone deserves that.” – Majora Carter, Founder, Sustainable South Bronx and the Majora Carter Group
Quotes on Sustainable Energy: How can You Make a Difference?
Did the above-listed quotes on sustainable energy inspire you to make changes in order to save the planet? We hope they did. Speaking of conservation of the planet earth, many of us stutter from committing to our promises and mission wondering whether we can really make a difference. This is not true. An individual person can make a big difference and inspire others to do the same. However, they just need to begin. If you are having difficulty gathering confidence, here are some quotes by renowned activists who can help you make a difference.
- “A transition to clean energy is about making an investment in our future.” – Gloria Reuben, actress and environmental activist
- “Many people say that Sweden is just a small country, and it doesn’t matter what we do, but I have learned you are never too small to make a difference.” – Greta Thunberg, climate activist
- “You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” – Jane Goodall, primatologist, anthropologist, & activist
- “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead, anthropologist, author, and speaker