30 Quotes on Investing to Kickstart Your Investment Portfolio
The Executive Headlines
When it comes to investments and investing, most people feel clueless as to where to start. Fortunately, various renowned investors such as Warren Buffet and Carl Icahn can guide us through the entire process with their wise quotes for investing. Investing can be a risky game, but if played with cleverness and intelligence, you can have an above fair chance of succeeding in it.
In this blog, we have compiled some of the wise and informative quotes on investing by the top investors in the world. We have also curated other lists of motivational and intelligent investment quotes that can give you a kickstart with investments.
Quotes on Investing by Top Investors
- “A lot of people with high IQs are terrible investors because they’ve got terrible temperaments. You need to keep raw, irrational emotion under control.”—Charlie Munger
- “Behind every stock is a company. Find out what it’s doing.” —Peter Lynch
- “Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it. He who doesn’t pay it.” —Albert Einstein
- “Buy not on optimism, but on arithmetic.” – Benjamin Graham
- “Minimizing downside risk while maximizing the upside is a powerful concept.” – Mohnish Pabrai
- “The desire to perform all the time is usually a barrier to performing over time.” – Robert Olstein
- “If we buy the business as a business and not as a stock speculation, then it becomes personal. I want it to be personal.” —Phil Town
- “We don’t have an analytical advantage, we just look in the right place.” —Seth Klarman
- “I love quotes… but in the end, knowledge has to be converted to action or it’s worthless.” —Tony Robbins
- “It is impossible to produce superior performance unless you do something different from the majority.” —John Templeton
Quotes on Investing by Warren Buffet
- “Rule no. 1: Never lose money. Rule no. 2: Never forget rule number 1.”
- “Remember that the stock market is a manic depressive.”
- “Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.”
- “Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”
- “Beware the investment activity that produces applause; the great moves are usually greeted by yawns.”
- “If returns are going to be 7 or 8 percent and you’re paying 1 percent for fees, that makes an enormous difference in how much money you’re going to have in retirement.”
- “Never invest in a business you cannot understand.”
- “In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield.”
- “Time is the friend of the wonderful company, the enemy of the mediocre.”
- “The key to investing is not assessing how much an industry is going to affect society, or how much it will grow, but rather determining the competitive advantage of any given company and, above all, the durability of that advantage.”
Quotes on Investing: Financial Quotes
- “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” — Benjamin Franklin
- “Bottoms in the investment world don't end with four-year lows; they end with 10- or 15-year lows.” —Jim Rogers
- “I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” —Warren Buffett
- “With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future.” —Carlos Slim Helu
Quotes on Investing: Stock Market Quotes
- “It's not whether you're right or wrong that's important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong.” —George Soros
- “Given a 10% chance of a 100 times payoff, you should take that bet every time.” —Jeff Bezos
- “Don't look for the needle in the haystack. Just buy the haystack!” —John Bogle
- “The stock market is filled with individuals who know the price of everything, but the value of nothing.” —Phillip Fisher
- “How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? I rest my case.” —Robert G. Allen
- “We don't prognosticate macroeconomic factors, we're looking at our companies from a bottom-up perspective on their long-run prospects of returning.” —Mellody Hobson
How to get started with investing?
Did the above-listed quotes on investing motivate you to begin your investment career? If yes, then we have a few more ideologies on how to get started with investing. Investing can be a risky game, if not played by the rules and in a wise manner. Therefore, we have curated a list of facts that you should keep in mind while building your investment portfolio.
- Draw a personal financial roadmap.
- Evaluate your comfort zone in taking on risk.
- Consider an appropriate mix of investments.
- Be careful if investing heavily in shares of employer's stock or any individual stock.
- Create and maintain an emergency fund.